Skip to main content

Yes. Yes. and Yes. Money say's he's going to Baltimore or Philly though. 

Malcom Smith would be a fine addition at ILB though.... I'm sure Gute has already placed a call. 

He's almost always been the WILL in a 4-3. He becomes the JACK in a 3-4. Zone coverage / TE / Flat  / then run support. Played similar position in Oakland in 2015. 123 tackles, INT, 3 forced fumbles. Fits his skillset and he can still run at 30. It would be a good signing for GB. 

Last edited by ChilliJon

Smith is better than what we have behind Mart, but he’s still pretty average at best. Burks shouldn’t be our more than a couple weeks, would it be better to blow money on a vet stopgap that might not be that great or scheme to utilize guys like Greene/Amos/Savage closer to the line for support? Probably the latter unless Smith is cheap and they think he can still contribute.

Grave Digger posted:

scheme to utilize guys like Greene/Amos/Savage closer to the line for support? Probably the latter unless Smith is cheap and they think he can still contribute.

If that's the thinking Josh Jones is probably still a Packer. I think Pettine wants his safeties to be safeties and his LB's to be LB's. I think the Hybrid thinking has gone far away. 

Leroy Butler, straight faced and not kidding, just said the Packers should trade Deshaun Kizer and Jimmy Graham for Eric Ebron and a 5th round pick.  Rationale being that Ebron won't put up anywhere near the numbers he did last year with Luck not throwing to him. 

If that would happen, Gutenheimer should be GM of the year. And Chris Ballard should be arrested. 

Last edited by packerboi

Jimmy Graham doesn't want to block anyone. He completely embarrassed himself this preseason. Neither does Ebron. Screw both of them. Tonyan and Sternberger can't block either but they'll try so they can remain employed. 

MLF wants to run the ball. The thinking being that smaller guys and hybrids that can run in coverage are going to crowd the line on many defenses. He's not wrong.  

I swear I'd give anything for a young & healthy Eddie Lacy, MLF and Rodgers with two blocking TE's in 2019. That would be crazy fun to watch. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
ChilliJon posted:

Jimmy Graham doesn't want to block anyone. He completely embarrassed himself this preseason. Neither does Ebron. Screw both of them. Tonyan and Sternberger can't block either but they'll try so they can remain employed. 

MLF wants to run the ball. The thinking being that smaller guys and hybrids that can run in coverage are going to crowd the line on many defenses. He's not wrong.  

I swear I'd give anything for a young & healthy Eddie Lacy, MLF and Rodgers with two blocking TE's in 2019. That would be crazy fun to watch. 

check Eddie's latest picture from his Twitter. 

ChilliJon posted:

I get why Zeke Elliott is holding out. But the Jones Klan is totally misreading this Dak/Zeke contract thing. Elliott might rush for 2,500 yards this year with Travis Fredrick healthy. 

This will be the year of the running back. 

• 2019 Salary Cap Charge: $7,940,653
  • % of 2019 Team Cap: 3.96%
  • 2019 Cash Payout: $3,853,137
  • % of 2019 Team Cash Spending: 2.02%
  • 2019 Cash to Cap Ratio: 0.49
  • Total Contract Value: $24,956,338
  • Annual Contract Value: $6,239,085
  • Position Ranking: 10/206 at RB
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $24,956,338                                                                    
  • a couple # s  that stand out  on Elliott's contract  on line 2,  if he is only 3.96%  of the team cap,   and the bottom line, 24 mill guaranteed money, compare that to the 84 million for the putzmo qb in minn. 

ChilliJon posted:
Grave Digger posted:

scheme to utilize guys like Greene/Amos/Savage closer to the line for support? Probably the latter unless Smith is cheap and they think he can still contribute.

If that's the thinking Josh Jones is probably still a Packer. I think Pettine wants his safeties to be safeties and his LB's to be LB's. I think the Hybrid thinking has gone far away. 

I think Greene has been playing a lot of Dime LB this preseason. I don’t think it’s gone away at all, I think they very much want 3 Safeties on the field. Jones didn’t want to be a Packer any longer, if he did I think he’s still employed and playing the same role (Dime LB).

Last edited by Grave Digger
Pakrz posted:

I'm not sure who would be available out there, but I'd like to see GB turn Lane Taylor into a MLB via trade.  He has value and GB can sustain the hit due to hitting on Jenkins.  

Even thought Taylor has zero versatility I'd still be leary to let, at the very minimum, a capable backup go unless it was a solid trade.  I think they can net that type of trade for Taylor.  Depends on Uncle Fester being able to coach up guys like Light.  The days of thinking you can just plug in any UDFA need to be over.

Last edited by Henry

Zach Kruse with an interesting point tonight. Of the 20 players on defense with the most snaps in 2018. 10 are now gone. 

Clay, Daniels, Ha Ha, Perry, Josh Jones, Gilbert, Brice, Breeland, Whitehead, Morrison. 

What struck me. A lot of marginal talent got a lot of snaps on defense in 2018. Daniels might be the only guy on that list that graded out as a contributor last year. 

ChilliJon posted:

What struck me. A lot of marginal talent got a lot of snaps on defense 2013- 2018. Daniels might be the only guy on that list that graded out as a contributor last year. 

Fixed

Gilbert just isn’t a complete player at OLB. Pettine seems to prefer OLBs who are equally competent against the run and the pass. The OLB makeover has ditched players who only do one thing well. 

Last edited by Grave Digger
Slobknocker posted:

TJ Edwards was undrafted this past draft and was brought in by the eagles as a camp body. In 3 preseason games he has a 84.5 grade by PFF, 10th highest overall in NFL(an 80 is considered elite). The philly beat writer is wondering how they can keep Edwards because ILB is a major strength of Philly

That’s because they keep choosing good ones while we pick up shit.

Link copied to your clipboard.