Skip to main content

Henry posted:
Pakrz posted:

I'd put a claim in on Polite just to take a look.  There has to be some talent there.

My guess is it's not his skillset that's the problem.

$100,000 already in fines by the Jets for stupid shit like tardiness combined with his complete lack of preparation for the draft definitely tells that story. Guy doesn’t care about playing football.

Was a 2016 4th round pick from Clemson.  6-1 / 243.  Started 13 games last year.  Runs a 4.7 (versus 5.1 that Antonio Morrison ran last year).  Thought we'd go after a guy like Brandon Marshall, but either way, good to see Gutekunst making a move.  Will be interesting to see what we gave up (Giants were in process of waiving him), who we cut (unless we place Burks on IR, which means he isn't just a week or two away from returning).

Last edited by sschumer - Packer Fan HoF'r
sschumer - Packer Fan HoF'r posted:

Was a 2016 4th round pick from Clemson.  6-1 / 243.  Started 13 games last year.  Thought we'd go after a guy like Brandon Marshall, but either way, good to see Gutekunst making a move.  Will be interesting to see what we gave up (Giants were in process of waiving him), who we cut.

probably a conditional 7th rounder or maybe a swap of 7th rounders with protection to the NYGs if their pick is lower. 

Marshall is done. Packers need a guy with speed at ILB and Goodson isn't that guy, but he surely has to be better than the misfits they have at the position now.

As this points out, it sounds like he's a faster, more aggressive version of Morrison. Fans can't expect a Ray Lewis to be available at this point in the season, especially for what's likely to be a 7th round pick. I'm just glad to see Gutenmeister continuing to kick tires and doing something to bolster what was a pretty thin ILB corp.

Link copied to your clipboard.