Skip to main content

McClain flamed out after a couple of years with the Raiders, wound up in Dallas a couple years after that, then flamed out there.... in only one year.

Not a pattern I want to see repeated on this team.

I agree it's too bad Crawford had to go. He's far from being a stiff, IMHO, and provided depth at a position that needed it.

heyward posted:
El-Nuke-the-Hurricanes-Bong posted:

Wow.  Polite was mocked high, had a pretty shitty week at the combine which lowered his draft stock, but to be cut has to be a surprise.  

He was the Jets top pick too, they didn't have a 1st or 2nd round pick.  

The Jets new GM didn't draft Polite. According to the local paper, he didn't do anything on the field and was late to meetings.

He just sounds like an idiot. I'd let him stew for a year before signing him. Let him grow up a bit.

The Raiders will impose additional remedies? Is fining him really a remedy? Aren't the Raiders paying AB upwards of $30mm guaranteed? As long as he plays in the regular season he'll get his $$, which make these $15000 fines in preseason like pocket change.

Really surprised Mayock didn't see this coming. I mean, he went from player, to broadcaster, to GM. That surely had to get him ready for dealing with players, right?

Hungry5 posted:

The Raiders will impose additional remedies? Is fining him really a remedy? Aren't the Raiders paying AB upwards of $30mm guaranteed? As long as he plays in the regular season he'll get his $$, which make these $15000 fines in preseason like pocket change.

Really surprised Mayock didn't see this coming. I mean, he went from player, to broadcaster, to GM. That surely had to get him ready for dealing with players, right?

Yes, it's pocket change. The 15K in fines is the equivalent of fining someone making 50,000 a year 25 dollars. It's the equivalent of having to pay for half a tank of gas. 

Link copied to your clipboard.