Skip to main content

heyward posted:

I'm not so sure. The Eagles couldn't wait to get rid of Alonso and that was a few years ago. He's one of those players whose rep might be a lot better than his actual game. On the other hand, a tree stump might be better than what's left to start next to Martinez.

I might have been down with Kiko years ago when he was chewing steroids like Pringles and productive. He's dabbling in them now and is just mad all the time and getting nothing accomplished. Pretty sure he launched himself at a QB last year and then got his ass kicked for his efforts. 

Kiko is a diamond mine in an ice storm hard pass. 

ChilliJon posted:
heyward posted:

I'm not so sure. The Eagles couldn't wait to get rid of Alonso and that was a few years ago. He's one of those players whose rep might be a lot better than his actual game. On the other hand, a tree stump might be better than what's left to start next to Martinez.

I might have been down with Kiko years ago when he was chewing steroids like Pringles and productive. He's dabbling in them now and is just mad all the time and getting nothing accomplished. Pretty sure he launched himself at a QB last year and then got his ass kicked for his efforts. 

Kiko is a diamond mine in an ice storm hard pass. 

You sure he's getting nothing accomplished?? Last year he had 125 total tackles(good for 10th in the league-also 2nd most in his career), 3 forced fumbles(most in his career), 3 int's(2nd most in his career) and 6 passes defensed(most in his career). Also only 29 years old(just turned 29)...I'm not sure exactly what you consider "getting nothing accomplished", but those numbers sure say he's accomplishing a lot.

Last edited by GreenNgoldBlood

Meanie. 

I see the Browns traded a 5th and 6th for Bills Olineman.  I get the feeling Dorsey is trying to make a major change in culture or vibe as much as he is trying to win football games. 

If I still had to pick Schneider over Dorsey I'd take Schneider everytime.  Dorsey has some Schneiderbrenner in him but it doesn't matter if he makes the right decisions.  This will be an interesting year to watch.  If Dorsey's moves hit, they very realistically could run away with the AFC East.

Last edited by Henry
ChilliJon posted:

Itโ€™s sad that weโ€™re looking at Malcom Smith and Brandon Marshall as needs to upgrade ILB but thatโ€™s just the reality of where GB is at LB today. 

Pack had Tremaine Edmunds if they wanted him.  Did they trade down 3 slots?  Edmunds was one of those 3 slots and the Pack took Alexander.

Not saying it was the wrong move, but did I want Edmunds.  I'll be checking out his play.

Houston gets a 3rd round pick and two players for Clowney. Clowney has to sign his franchise tag in Seattle. This means he canโ€™t sign or discuss an extension (legally) with Seattle until AFTER 2019 season. Maybe thatโ€™s a quiet conversation thatโ€™s already taken place. Which again, would be against league rules.....

All we know today is thatโ€™s a steep price for what might be a 1 year rental. 

Last edited by ChilliJon

Iโ€™m assuming there is a back channel agreement after 2019 but nothing is guaranteed in the NFL. 

Important to remember everyone thought Percy Harvin was going to be the final piece of the puzzle when Schneider gave up a 1st, 3rd, and a 7th in 2013. 

Seattle went to back to back SBโ€™s in 13 and 14 but thatโ€™s almost entirely due to Schneider drafting Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, KJ Wright, Bobby Wagner and Russ Wilson and signing Marshawn Lynch for peanuts (that and a GB collapse but thatโ€™s for another thread)  It had nothing to do with Harvin. The Harvin fiasco has hurt Seattle for years. And then Schneider gave Harvin a massive extension. Defensive players on Seattle had just as big an issue with a weed smoking locker room cancer getting a massive deal as they did when Wilson signed his new contract. 

Thompson won a SB because he nailed early drafts and signed Woodson for nothing. Schneider followed a similar blueprint. 

So yeah. Iโ€™m not sold anyone fleeced anybody yet. This one has to play out for a while. 

Last edited by ChilliJon
Link copied to your clipboard.