Skip to main content

Troy posted:
ChilliJon posted:
RochNyFan posted:
ChilliJon posted:

For the past week my son has been telling me Sanu was going to be traded and that he’d be a good fit in GB behind Adams as a #2. I was coming around on the idea. But a #2 pick for Sanu is complete insanity. And if that’s the market for WRs at the deadline then GB should ride with what they have. 

Agreed.  That deal just upped any prospective price on guys like Green or Sanders.  I am starting to think that if any deals are made, it should be for the middle of the defense....possibly a Howard Green type addition.  Outside of Clark and Lowry, the D-line is nothing to shout about, and an injury to Martinez would be very costly as we have no depth there, let alone a second high level inside LB. 

An injury to Martinez is going to improve the defense the same way Nick Barnetts did in 2010. WTF have you been watching? Martinez is leading the NFL in tackles. Which is the most fucked up stat Ive ever seen. I'm willing to bet 85% of Martinez' tackles are 5 yards downfield. He's a homeless mans version of Hawk. Martinez was a complete nightmare shit show Sunday. 

Who the fuck steps in if Martinez is hurt?  I didn't realize they have a plethora of inside linebackers sitting on the bench waiting to be a star.    

Exactly what everyone said when Barnett went down in 2010 and a 6th round pick stepped in and improved that spot to the point Barnett bitched like a small child he wasn’t invited to the team SB picture in Dallas because he became a disposable afterthought. 

Im not saying there is a Bishop on the bench. I’m saying Martinez isn’t good. And GB needs to address it. 

Niners got Emanual Sanders and a fifth-round pick in exchange for a third round pick and a fourth round pick

Last edited by Boris

I understand you're upset but that's too much. 

I would've been pissed off if Gutey gave up Aaron Jones (3) & Bakhtiari (4) for JK Scott. (5) & Sanders

See what I'm saying? 😉

Last edited by Boris

Sanders is the guy in the slot between Adams and MVS that would have made this offense completely impossible to defend with GBs backfield. Completely fucking impossible with MLF and Rodgers.

SF made this deal to fuck GB. SF needed AJ Green more than Sanders. 

FUCK!!!!!!!!

michiganjoe posted:

There's the stats on Martinez.

4 yards or MORE..   I fucked that up.  I guess it was par for the course again last week. 

ChilliJon posted:

Exactly what everyone said when Barnett went down in 2010 and a 6th round pick stepped in and improved that spot to the point Barnett bitched like a small child he wasn’t invited to the team SB picture in Dallas because he became a disposable afterthought. 

Im not saying there is a Bishop on the bench. I’m saying Martinez isn’t good. And GB needs to address it. 

I don't look at it the same.   I think a lot of folks were calling for Bishop before Nick got hurt.    I don't hear / see a lot of people calling for Burks.   He has shown nothing in his limited time being healthy.   

Fuck the rematch man. WTF Tittle. GB had a WR in their grasp that would have made MVS and Adams even tougher to cover.

And for fuck sakes stop liking everything. Seriously. Stop liking everything! 

ChilliJon posted:

So is it better if I ask for Summers before I tell everyone Martinez sucks?

im just telling you Martinez sucks. Whatever you want to make of things after that is whatever. 

I forgot about Summers.  Yeah, I'm in.  Give the kid some snaps.

Damn, Sanders would have been a good fit here.

Do the 49ers even throw to the WR ? They have a very good defense, run the hell outta the ball, have a top flight TE ....and Deebo Samuel, Austin Pettis, and Marquis Goodwin are starving. Granted Sanders is a nice grab for them, but how big of impact will he have.

Is Garapollo over rated ? I ask seriously as I've not seen SF yet this year. He is not a top 20 QB looking at ratings and stats. 

We can’t come back to this in two months. He’s a 49er. GB will be OK. I’m not questioning that. My point is GB could be so much fucking better with Sanders than NE trading a 2nd for Sanu. 

FUCK!!!!!!!

Wonder what it would take to get Geno Atkins from Cincy... he and Clark are buddies. He’s one of the best out there. Just signed a 4 year extension last season, so he’s under contract until 2023. 

BrainDed posted:
michiganjoe posted:

There's the stats on Martinez.

4 yards or MORE..   I fucked that up.  I guess it was par for the course again last week. 

Yeah, your fucking up is par for the course. 

I kid, I kid!

Packdog posted:

Is Garapollo over rated ? I ask seriously as I've not seen SF yet this year. He is not a top 20 QB looking at ratings and stats. 

The dude is 14-2 as a starter....that's the only "stat" you need to concern yourself with. 

Boris posted:
Packdog posted:

The dude is 14-2 as a starter....that's the only "stat" you need to concern yourself with. 

Was asking about Garopollo. I know he's played on some good teams. 

Boris posted:
excalibur posted:

So the Pats and the 49'ers improve themselves. 

Yeah...because after the game Rodgers just put together they're both terrified.

They sure aren't terrified of the defense after the Dallas and Oakland games. 

The Diggs trade is really puzzling because he’s a good player and it’s not like Seattle gave up a lot to get him.  

Plus he’s signed for two more full seasons at about 5MM per year.   Not cheap, but certainly reasonable for a decent (young) safety that’s started like 60 games.  Perhaps it’s a chemistry thing but that makes no sense for Detroit. 

Last edited by Tschmack

I would have liked Sanders for sure but I have to believe Rodgers and Gute were on the same page.   MVS has held his own and if Lazard and Kumerow continue to contribute I think they will be OK.  

MichiganPacker2 posted:

ILB may be the toughest position to find a guy to play in the NFL for all 3 downs. You have to be big enough to fend off 350 pound guards in the run game, fast enough to run with guys like Vernon Davis or Travis Kelce down the seam, and quick enough to challenge RBs when you get matched up with them on check downs. The problem is that guys with that type of athleticism aren't put at ILB in college. You usually end up with guys that are great at playing the run or the pass but are vulnerable against the other, or you end up with a guy that's mediocre against both but not a total liability against either. There aren't that many Urlachers out there. 

I know Martinez isn't a superstar, but probably only 8-10 teams have a guy that's vastly superior. Martinez is probably middle of the pack at that position. The guys that standout are Kuechly, Wagner, and Mosley. Those guys (Wagner and Mosley) make 17-18 million a year.

Or Roquan Smith.  But that's not the only way to fill those responsibilities.  Pettine was doing it with the hybrid role and Raven Greene which up to his injury looked really effective.  Would offenses have figured that out by now?  We won't know.  But there isn't anyone on the roster that is going to fix Martinez's shortcomings unless Burks is visited by Reggie White's ghost and turns into a difference maker mid-season.

I think Chilli's point wasn't that we needed Sanders so much as SF not only strengthened their passing game but may have also blocked GB from strengthening theirs.  Kind of a 2-fer for SF.

SF is 6-0 and have only played 2 games at home so far.  They have an elite D and Garappolo is playing well.  They're currently the best in the west and a top 3 team in the NFC.

Last edited by DH13
Packdog posted:
Boris posted:
Packdog posted:

Was asking about Garopollo. I know he's played on some good teams. 

Was talking about Garrapolo. He's 14-2 as a starter that's a fact. All he does is win & it may not be pretty but he wins. 

Also look how bad SF was WITHOUT Jimmy G. He’s a franchise QB for sure. Young Shannahan makes all QBs better, but Jimmy G is pretty dang good. He needs to win something serious before he gets put in elite status, but he’s on his way.

Link copied to your clipboard.