Skip to main content

@H5 posted:

IIRC GB was interested in him in '19.

Here's some cut-ups showing plus and minus plays from Dillard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tl4-xc-lQA

One thing I'll note is that a lot of his ( many)  whiffs in pass pro come when he shoots his hands first and misses. That's not uncommon. The Packers OL coaches teach their guys to hold their water -  and let the DL shoot their hands first. There's pro's and cons to each tactic, but if you watch the GB OL, they are mostly " catching" in pass pro vs jabbing the DL's chest right away.

Catching leads to fewer whiffs, but you pay the price in a slightly more chaotic pocket. If the OL shoots first, he establishes the battlefield  farther away from the QB. If he catches, the pocket's a wee bit tighter.

Which is a long-winded way of saying there's a chance Dillard won't totally and completely suck under Butkus' tutelage.

Last edited by Satori

Most shocking thing about Dillard was the contract the Titans gave him after his stint with the Eagles. No issue at all with the team kicking the tires of a guy they liked coming out (I'm assuming the contract is very favorable).

Absolutely no downside to the move.

@Floridarob posted:

Its taking forever to load times four. Is it me? Anybody else having an issue. Been happening the past few hours. Only site that is doing it.

Same problem here. All other sites loading normally

Probably chinese hackers from Bejing.  They are probably doing their preliminary practice run now and going to completely hack us tonight when the draft is going on. Now that is defintely a shot across the bow. Nuke em!

I was just going to PM you Boss when I saw this.  I use Opera mostly, it takes 15 - 20 seconds for a thread to load.  When I go back and click on unread post it takes longer.  Been running slower and slower for a couple of days for me.  I thought it was my provider, guess not.   I also tried Firefox and it was even slower. Took over a minute for a page to load.

If Enagbare did not tear an ACL, that helps explain why Gute ignored edge during the draft. My guess is he will pick up either a veteran at cutdowns or sign a UDFA or two as insurance. They said Enagbare is trying to rehab it and they hope he doesn't need surgery, but when was the last time that has worked? It always seems like just doing the rehab leaves a guy open to re-injury or he never sees the field as they have to do surgery anyway and now it's late.

Last edited by Fandame

^^^^ but if it's not a full tear, I don't know that surgery is really to route to go.  Given the history of being very (overly) cautious, I'd imagine the medical staff/surgeon recommended no surgery (obviously).

I would imagine it's not a terrible tear or even 50%. But when you hear Gute say they're trying rehab and "hopefully" they won't have to do surgery, I see little red flags. The picture of him doing drills looked pretty good at least.

@mattschneidman:   Packers rookie minicamp will be this Friday and Saturday. Open locker room, practice viewing and LaFluer at the podium on Friday.

@AndyHermanNFL: Packers rookie minicamp will be 3:15pm this Friday and Saturday. Coach will talk after practice on Friday.

Last edited by ilcuqui

@AaronNagler:   In addition to rookie minicamp this weekend, the Packers OTA Offseason Workouts are scheduled for May 20-21, May 23, May 28-29, May 31, June 3-4, and June 6th. Mandatory Minicamp is June 11-13th. 

Yeah but they're starting him at LT according to MLF and Gutey.

It'll be awesome if he plays great but Rasheed plays even better and hangs onto the starting LT.

Just don't ruin Rasheed. I hope they both can make the transition to IOL if necessary.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.