Skip to main content

Trade for a WR now? Seems like some posters here at X4 are getting carried away about the perceived lack of talent at WR besides Davante Adams.  

The entire offense is going through growing pains right now, and until it gets on track, what’s happening out there isn’t a simple matter of a better #2.  Aaron Rodgers himself said before the season that he thought Adams should get the lion’s share of targets, and also specifically said until the offense is firmly established, he was going to be relying on Davante Adams to get most of the targets.  What’s going on is exactly what AR said would be happening.

No one I’ve read besides a few posters here are blaming the #2 and #3 receivers, and really the comments here are the first I’ve heard that Allison, MVS and Kumerow are suddenly terrible players who can’t get open. MVS and Allison have gotten open plenty so far in their careers, and AR has consistently praised Kumerow’s route running. They don’t all of a sudden suck.

Rodgers is focusing on Adams exactly like he said he would. Until someone shows me proof a guy like MVS is getting blanketed on every play (which I doubt), I’m taking the quarterback at his word.

Last edited by Pistol GB
AtTheMurph posted:
BrainDed posted:
Jenkins and Madison should be upgrading Guard position soon.  Not next week soon, but next year soon.   That leaves replacing Bulaga as the immediate need.  

They just signed the RG Billie Turner to a $28M deal over 4 years. He's going to be a round for a few years. Madison is a complete unknown that they are giving time to but I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone after next training camp.

Jenkins will be starting soon enough. He got a few series v. MN. He'll continue to get more as the season goes on.

Turner's deal is really a two year deal with inflated numbers in years 3 and 4 in case he over performs.     So far, it's not looking like he will be worth 4 and 5 million in years 3 and 4.   

If Madison performs, and I think he will, he will take the job.    If Turner performs, I think the Pack should give Madison a look at RT to eventually replace Bulaga.  That's the position he played in College.    Finding Bulaga's replacement is a big need IMO.   

Last edited by BrainDed
GreenNgoldBlood posted:

Jason La Canfora

@JasonLaCanfora

Minkah Fitzpatrick trade likely to be wrapped up by tomorrow. The Dolphins expected to get 1st round value for him. Hearing WSH, DAL, KC, PIT, PHI and SEA all in the mix. Offers are being made

WSH, DAL, KC, PIT, PHI and SEA all in the mix

You understand Dallas, KC, Philly, and Seattle, but why would Pittsburgh and Washington, who are going nowhere this year, give away draft picks (which are likely to be high draft picks in the rounds they are in)? 

The Packers have a young, talented defensive backfield with Alexander, King, Savage, and Amos. They just need to stay healthy. So far, so good. 

Gutenheimer's next draft (a supposedly deep one at QB), needs to start investing on the other side of the football. Giving up a 1st for yet another CB, after what the Packers spent at that same position year after year, would be taking away from an area of the team that's been neglected far too long: the offense. 

In no order, WR, OL, QB, and RB are all positions that Gutey has to re-stock the cupboards at. The Allison and Kumerow stories are great. But GB has to start spending high capital draft picks and/or in FA to give Rodgers some decent weapons again. 

packerboi posted:

The Packers have a young, talented defensive backfield with Alexander, King, Savage, and Amos. They just need to stay healthy. So far, so good. 

Gutenheimer's next draft (a supposedly deep one at QB), needs to start investing on the other side of the football. Giving up a 1st for yet another CB, after what the Packers spent at that same position year after year, would be taking away from an area of the team that's been neglected far too long: the offense. 

In no order, WR, OL, QB, and RB are all positions that Gutey has to re-stock the cupboards at. The Allison and Kumerow stories are great. But GB has to start spending high capital draft picks and/or in FA to give Rodgers some decent weapons again. 

This I agree with 100%..I ALWAYS want them to draft offense. You can never have too many playmakers, and they always let me down. Hopefully, next year is an all offense draft.

Watch the patriots get Ramsey for like a 4th.

packerboi posted:

Sure but Fitz is a semi to fully proven commodity.    So you are giving up 1 year and 2 games of rookie contract in trade for knowing your 1st rounder is a stud.

I'd do that deal despite it not being our biggest need at the time no matter the position.  

PackLandVA posted:

Well that's probably gonna be a top 15 pick from the Stillers.

Yeah and perhaps it's likely Miami was weighing those possibilities when considering their offers. Pittsburgh's 1st rounder looks like more attractive now than GB's (if GB even offered). Similar to Oakland's thinking with the Khalil Mack trade. 

Would have loved to have Minkah but I can see the logic of not burning another round 1 pick on a DB...We've spent 2 1st rounders, 3 2nd rounders, and a 6th rounder on DBs in the last 3 drafts, not to mention the $12M guaranteed we just gave to Amos. With long term depth issues at OT, TE, and ILB Gutey may holding out to shore up bigger needs. 

I think this article answers this questions:

The League, as far as I know, will not credit with teams with the cap savings in the current league year. What they will do is use the money to offset NLTBE incentives that were actually earned by other players at the end of the year and then make an adjustment to the salary cap for each team the following season to reflect the numbers.

So to make a long story short the injuries to  the two players will not effect this years cap but will help the Colts and Chargers have higher salary cap limits than other teams in the NFL in 2014.

So no we won't get any cap relief from him being on IR. He's due $500K total in per-game roster bonuses (not $500K per game), which he's already received $62.5K of, so we will likely get some cap relief in 2020 of $437.5K. 

Link copied to your clipboard.